Saturday, June 14, 2008

Blanco Lavender Festival recycles too!!

I'm pretty excited about starting Wandering River Recycling for Blanco and Wimberley, but I wasn't sure what people would think about it so I went out to Blanco's Lavender Festival to find out.
First of all, I can't believe how big this festival is now. I went last year and there must have been 3 times as many people this year despite the almost 100 degree teperature. There were tons of really cool harleys out on the road in town for the ROT Rally.
I was glad to see that the festival organizers had placed recycling bags right next to every trash can. I've helped organize several events and, man, we generate a lot of trash. I'd like to work with them next year and hopefully further reduce the amount of trash tossed.
I met a lot of really kind people at the Chamber of Commerce and several people running the booths there. I told them I was starting the recycling pick up service for homes and businesses and I got responses from "bless your heart" to "be still my heart", so I guess recycling has a place close to people's hearts and I'm glad to help. The festival was fun and I hope you made it out there.
If you live in a development or neighborhood, I'd be glad to pick up recycling for the whole street. Please tell your friends and neighbors. I'm starting service Saturday July 12th and will be around every other Saturday after that. The monthly cost is $15 and you don't even have to separate it.
Soon, as this service grows, I'll be able to provide bins and expand the things I can pick up. There are special permits required to pick up stuff beyond simple recycleables and i'll work on those soon.
You can sign up for pick up service at http://www.wanderingriverrecycling.com/ or give me a call at 512-788-2525

No comments: